Chocolate fondant cake is one of my favorite cakes, although its name causes some confusion. Unlike the fondant icing for cake (you can learn how to make fondant icing at my “how to make fondant” post), this chocolate fondant cake refers to a soft-centered chocolate cake.
Here I am going to tell you my chocolate fondant cake recipe that you can follow to get the best chocolate fondant cake ever. Let’s start!
Chocolate fondant cake’s ingredients
To make a chocolate fondant cake, you will need:
- 50 grams of melted butter
- 100 grams if cocoa powder
- 200 grams of bittersweet chopped chocolate
- 200 grams of butter
- 200 grams of caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 200 grams of plain flour
Chocolate fondant cake’s preparation
· Chocolate fondant cake’s moulds
- Get the chocolate fondant cake’s moulds ready; use a brush to spread the melted butter inside your pudding mould well, and put it in the refrigerator.
- Use some of the melted butter to cover the chilled butter.
- Add a table spoon of the cocoa powder to the mould and tip it until the cocoa powder covers the butter.
- Repeat these previous steps with the other mould.
· Chocolate fondant cake’s bowls
- Fill a pan with water and heat it until it starts boiling turn the heat off.
- Put the chocolate and the butter in a bowl over the pan.
- Slowly, melt them together, and then remove it away from heat.
- Keep stirring until it becomes smooth.
- Leave it for 10 minutes until it becomes cool.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs yolks and the eggs well.
- Add the sugar to the bowl.
- Mix the sugar and the eggs well until the sugar becomes thick; you can make use of the electric whisk.
- Add the flour to the mixture and beat them all well.
- Add the melted chocolate to the mixture and keep beating them well until you get a loose cake batter.
- Pour the chocolate fondant cake’s batter into a clean and dry jug.
· Back to chocolate fondant cake’s moulds
Divide the chocolate fondant cake’s batter between your moulds. You can now keep it frozen for a month. Just get it out from the refrigerator the night before cooking.
- Put your chocolate fondant cake on a baking tray and put it on the oven for 12 minutes until the surface forms a coating or a crust.
- Remove the chocolate fondant cake away from the oven.
- Loosen your chocolate fondant cakes by moving its tops carefully so they come away from the sides, so you can take them easily out of your budding moulds.
- Take each chocolate fondant cake in your hand and tip it slightly then put it back in your mould.
· Chocolate fondant cake’s final touch
- Use the caramel sauce to make a spiral on the plates. You have to start from the center of each plate.
- Use a spoon to put the chocolate fondant cake in the middle of the plates.
- Put the ice cream on the top of the chocolate fondant cake.
- Serve chocolate fondant cake immediately.
That’s it! I know it may take some time to make the chocolate fondant cake, but you will love it. Enjoy cooking J